Beats Music released an Apple iOS update which now lets you subscribe from within the app using iTunes’ billing. Why switch to in-app purchase? As reported by Recode, CEO Ian Rogers says: more than half of Beats users use iPhones, and it’s very hard to get an iOS user to subscribe if you don’t sell in-app. Apple will take 30% from each subscriber for this convenience and Beats Music will hope to convert more trial users into subscribers using Apple products.
Beats describes the new iOS update 1.0.7:
● In-app subscription and account management via your iTunes account
● Find Your Friends — find and follow your Facebook friends on Beats Music
● Improved Facebook and Twitter account management
● Thousands of new tracks available in The Sentence
● Artist Offers — discover new content and merchandise from your favorite artists
● Offline Mode & Downloading improvements
● Music Player performance fixes
and much, much more!